Clear all

Tradie loses both arms after taking 'entire voltage of power line'

1 Posts
1 Users
Posts: 75
Topic starter
Joined: 4 years ago

An incident from across the ditch in April 2022. Scaffolder Jahden Nelson​​ 28, had to have both of his arms amputated after he suffered an electric shock when a steel pole he was holding touched low-hanging overhead power lines. Jahden suffered a heart attack & spent 6 months at the national burns centre at Middlemore Hospital, before being transferred to Auckland City Hospital where he had to learn how to walk again.

Worksafe NZ have laid charges against the employer. Link

Take note that this page is a public forum. It is NOT a substitute for nor intended as legal and/or professional advice. No liability is accepted for any consequences attributed to content on this site, nor any & all third party links. We do not guarantee that all information is up to date. You should ALWAYS seek further independent advice.